Examples of some of the services and jobs we can undertake on your behalf include:
- Urgent domestic tasks following a death – for example immediately after a death, we can prepare the home when it might be difficult for grieving relatives, including clearance of perishable foodstuffs and tidying of the home.
- Liaison with utility companies, financial institutions etc. regarding the death – we can handle all the communication, both by telephone and letter, to ensure that all services are inform of the death in a timely manner to prevent any unnecessary charges or future contact.
- Comprehensive and careful property searches for valuables, and key documents to provide to the executor. we will look in all the usual hiding places and, more importantly, in all the unusual ones to ensure that all items of value or importance are found and delivered to the executor and not accidentally discarded in a general house clearance.
- Compassionate delivery of all assets to beneficiaries. The death of a loved one comes as a shock to us all, so the receiving of an asset or keep sake should be done as sensitively and compassionately as possible. White Lillies will prepare all assets tastefully and can hand deliver for a more personal touch.
- Inventories of property contents, We will produce detailed inventories of property contents on a room by room basis, organising paperwork and sensitive items to ensure the nothing is lost or removed without the permission of the executor. This also later helps with valuation of goods or the clearance of the property.
Arranging the valuation of specific items – working to the executor’s request, we can arrange for specified items to be valued for the estate. The items will either be prepared for inspection or we can send photos and liaise with valuers via email and telephone.
- Organising the final house clearance. With a strong network of removal, storage companies and cleaners we will organise the final clearance of the deceased’s property if required. Assets remaining after the beneficiaries’ assets have been delivered can be sold, given to charities or your choice, or sustainably disposed of.
In addition to all of the services detailed above, White Lilies can also help with:
- Preparation of the home for rent/sale
- Managing the sale of a car and notifying the Department of Transport
- Cancelling of club memberships, junk mail, and subscriptions
- Safe removal of medications and return of health aids – walking frames etc
This list is not exhaustive and you may find it easier to just talk it all through with someone, so please go to our contacts page and either call us or send us an email and we’ll call you.